Sunday, April 25, 2010

German Chocolate Cheesecake!


Aren't they cute? I finally used my individual cheesecake pan, and they are just so cute!

Remember my brother Matt's birthday cake? Well, I had some left over Coconut Pecan frosting (I made a double batch), and thought it would go perfectly with a lightly chocolate cheesecake. I was right!

The cheesecake was a bit of an experiment for me. I'm used to making triple chocolate cheesecake that no one can finish a slice of...I'm saving that recipe for later! I wanted to try to create a cheesecake recipe that wasn't as rich or as sweet, but still had a ton of flavor. I think I was quite successful, this recipe was great.

I also tried to broil a few of these after I had put the frosting on, and those were very tasty as well. I'm only going to give you the cheesecake recipe here, the frosting is the same from the last post.

This recipe makes 24 miniature cheesecakes or a small 8" one.

Milk Chocolate Cheesecake

1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
24 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 T. coffee

For the crust:

2 cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
1/3 c. melted butter

Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into cheesecake pan. Preheat oven to 350.

Beat cream cheese for about 1 minute, until softened. Add sugar and cocoa powder and beat 2-3 minutes, until lightly whipped and all one color. Add eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla and coffee. Make sure mixture is evenly colored and lump free.

Pour on top of crust. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes for miniature, and 1 hour for 8". Cool until starting to set, then spread frosting over top of cake. Store in refrigerator, but serve close to room temperature for best creaminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment