Friday, December 16, 2011

Lets steam some buns! Daring Baker December, 2012



Yummy, Yummy! I love Dim Sum. And, these in particular.

Our Daring Cooks’ December 2011 hostess is Sara from Belly Rumbles! Sara chose awesome Char Sui Bao as our challenge, where we made the buns, Char Sui, and filling from scratch – delicious!
If you've followed my blog long, you will know I've made the baked version a few times. While I was pretty happy with the recipe, I was excited to try the steamed version and a different set of spices in the filling.

The result? This is a great recipe! Yes, it's a bit different than mine, but I don't think I have a preference when it comes to the two fillings. However, I do prefer this dough recipe. I found that I enjoyed the pillowy softness of steamed dough quite a bit!



Thanks again for this great challenge, and I encourage you to give this recipe a spin, or take a look at the other daring cooks for more inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment