Saturday, December 17, 2011

Nutella Popcorn!


This is for all of you out there that love nutella. Or, for future converts! I got this idea from one of the cooking blog communities I'm in. They made peanut butter popcorn from a Cooking Light recipe. And, wow, did that look good. I *still* can't find the original post for that, but if I find it, I will certainly credit!


But I was in the mood for something different. Yea, I was in a nutella mood. Since my google-fu was failing, I went to an old standby recipe that involves peanut butter, sugar, and rice krispies.

The result wasn't quite right, until I remembered the original recipe called for baking in the oven. Now, this recipe works. It's crispy and crunchy, and just the right amount of nutella. And, it's a perfect addition to any Christmas Basket!

For a .pdf of the recipe, go here.

Nutella Popcorn

½ c. corn syrup

½ c. sugar

½ t. salt

2 T. cocoa powder

½ c. nutella

6 cups popped popcorn

Preheat oven to 250. Place parchment or foil on a cookie sheet. Set aside. Place popped popcorn in a large bowl, set aside.

In a large saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar. Stir together and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder, salt, and nutella. Stir until smooth. Pour over popcorn and stir popcorn to coat.

Place popcorn on prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.

Let cool. Store in air tight container.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I tried Nutella on practically everything else, why not popcorn? Sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I love any type of popcorn and the nutella would be extra delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy but sadly the Nutella has hazelnuts so I can't use it much in our household.

    ReplyDelete