Thursday, July 19, 2012

Nutella S'More Cups


I like to think I'm a complex person, but in all honestly, I'm probably fairly simple. Of course, that is subject to interpretation. Sometimes that seem simple when you initially evaluate it, can be amazingly complex to put together. 

A perfect example of this is where I live. I live, well, in the sticks. A very rural area, but within reasonable driving distance to a medium size city, and fairly close to Seattle. Well, 100 miles away from Seattle, is still reasonable driving distance, as long as gas is under $4/gallon.

You would think, from where I live, that I'm an outdoorsy girl. You would be wrong. Dead wrong. I'm allergic to grass, and hate bugs. Oh, don't get me wrong - I love living in all this green, and adore the fact that I have so few neighbors. But it's more of a nice to look at type of thing. Outdoors and me - well, we get along better in a long distance relationship. 


I do have a point here, but may have forgotten it along the way. Nah, not really. S'more's are simple. But when you look at them, they can be a very complex thing to make. And, I'm not talking here about buying all the stuff, sticking the marshmallows on a stick, then in a camp fire. I'm talking if you wanted to make everything from scratch. It could take *hours*.

I've been experimenting with various s'more delivery systems, and this is the first one that I'm happy with. I have a few more stewing in my brain, but still need some tweaking. And, yes, one of those was to make everything from scratch. They weren't as good as these Nutella S'more cups.

These are a little nutella delivery system. I originally thought of this when I was making mini cheesecakes. I had some graham cups left over, so I ate them after I stuffed them with nutella. The marshmallows are just that little frosting on the cake to take it over the top.

I'm almost embarrassed about how easy this recipe is, but I think these are the perfect proportions - so I made you a .pdf too. So here it is, and enjoy!


Nutella S’more Cups
Makes approximately 24 mini cups, or 12 cupcake size

1 ½ c. graham cracker crumbs (about 1 sleeve of graham crackers)
5 T. butter, melted
3 T. sugar
2/3 – 3/4 c. nutella
1 to 1 ½ c. marshmallows (I used the minis)

Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, combine graham crackers, butter, and sugar. Mix until well combined, and mixture looks like wet sand. Line your chosen cups with cupcake liners. For the regular cupcake size, add 1 to 1 ½ tablespoon graham cracker mix, and press down gently. For the mini size, use ½ to ¾ tablespoon graham cracker mix per cup.

Bake 5 minutes for the small, and 10 minutes for the large, until tops of graham crusts just start to brown. Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Drop nutella in the cups over the cooled graham crackers, approximately 2 t. for mini cups, and 1 ½ tablespoon for large.

Top with mini marshmallows, 3 for mini, and 6-10 for large. Bake another 5-10 minutes, until marshmallows start to brown. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment