Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ginger Infused Peach Cheesecake with Pecan Crust

 This cheesecake was too pretty to cut. It really was, I didn't want a knife anywhere near it. Since I gave it away, I didn't have to see it cut into, so I can always imagine it pretty - like a beautiful flower.

Oh, don't worry, I did taste it, and I can tell you it tastes better than it looks. Yes, I know, you are finding that hard to believe right now, but trust me, it was. Beautiful fresh peaches soaked in a ginger infused sugar syrup, all on top of a pristine vanilla cheesecake, surrounded by a pecan crust. What's not to love?



See that? Even my pics look better - all because of this fantastic cheesecake. Peaches and cream - elevated...that's what my goal was, and I think I accomplished it.

For a .pdf of the recipe, click here. Otherwise, droolworthy recipe below:


Ginger Infused Peach Cheesecake with pecan crust

For the Peach topping:

½ cup sugar
½ cup water
6-8 peaches
4-5 ginger slices

In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water, and ginger slices. Heat to a boil, remove and discard ginger, then let cool. While mixture is cooling, peel and slice peaches into 8-10 slices per peach. Place pieces in sugar syrup as you are slicing them. Chill.

For the cheesecake:

Crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 c. sugar
½ t. ginger
1 cup toasted and chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients until mixture resembles fine sand. Pat into an 8” springform pan and set aside.

Filling:

24 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 t. salt
3 eggs
3 Tablespoons corn starch
2 t. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese for 2-3 minutes. Add sugar to mixing bowl, and whip for 2-3 minutes, scraping down the bowl at least twice. Add salt, corn starch, and vanilla. Add eggs and whip until a homogenous mixture. Pour over prepared crust and bake 60-75 minutes, until top jiggles slightly in the middle only. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven for an additional 20-30 minutes. Chill completely in refrigerator.

When ready to serve, drain peach slices and arrange around the cheesecake in a circular pattern. Serve immediately.



1 comment: