Friday, August 31, 2012

July Foodie Pen Pal Reveal

So, as I've posted in the past, I have been participating in the Foodie Pen Pal, and today is the July reveal date! Look at all those goodies! 



This month, Sarah Mentzer sent me my box, and boy, did she ever out do herself! She even included a few cat treats for my kitties - which they love!

Although I haven't tried the Apricot Barbecue sauce yet, I can tell you, the Pear Honey, and vanilla pound cake she sent was amazing. I will be getting the recipe for the honey and making that! The pear honey really surprised me, I'm not much of a honey fan normally, but it's just perfect with the pears. She also included some home made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies, which were amazing!

I love that she included freeze dried fruit. She told me in her letter that she has seen people pulverize them and put them in butter cream, which is an awesome idea. However, I actually love freeze dried fruit, so I had them for post work-out snacks. Now I will have to buy some to try for the frosting!

She also included several little packets of granola, which was really tasty. I had plans of using it as a streusel topping for a pie I was baking, but it tasted too good on top my morning yogurt.

All in all, a home run with the bases loaded! Thanks again, Sarah, we all loved the goodies.

If you would like to participate in the foodie pen pals, check out the coordinator, Lindsay, at her blog, the lean green bean.


No comments:

Post a Comment